Sunday, May 07, 2006

Walk with me

Second post and I've already changed the name of the blog. Yesterday, this was a newly-created blog called "Don's Place". Which is what my previous (failed) attempt at a personal site was called. But I decided I needed some proper direction. The big idea for this year is that I'm supposed to be putting together a submission package to the American comic book publishers. I need to get my stuff out there and make myself known. Part of that effort is a new web site. And part of that is this blog.

Long story short, I'm hoping this blog serves to chronicle this effort to get myself into the business. I'm also hoping it helps provides the impetus and the little extra push I need to keep chugging along.

So I've changed the name of the blog to better reflect this effort and direction. This blog is basically me talking to myself anyway. Or sometimes me talking myself into doing things.

Some day in the future when I've gotten home after a long day at the office and the kids have been difficult and my wife is doing her best to encourage me to keep at it and all I can do is stare helplessly at a blank sheet of paper desperately searching for the inspiration to start drawing, I can re-read this post and remember what I'm doing.

Corny as it sounds, this is a journey, I guess. I put my shoes on yesterday. And today? Today, I took my first step.

Now the trick is to keep on walking.

2 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Cuddly Family said...

(gently encourages)....

:D nice to see u blogging!

 
At 2:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep going.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home