Friday, August 24, 2007

Blazeguy Page 7 - revised


So after I posted page 7, I found there were a lot of things bugging me about the page, primarily Blaze's head in Panel 7. I've found myself struggling with faces lately for some reason. The letterer also requested that I nix the BZZT! sound effects in the first few panels. They were leading the eye prematurely into Panel 8, undermining the panel layout and storytelling flow. SO anyway, long story short, I redrew portions of the page. Here's the final version.

High rez version here.

(EDIT: Now Blaze's mom's head looks swollen and his sister's head is too small. Grr...)

6 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger azhar said...

wahhhh..

great stuff..as usual..

now that you're doing GiJOe comic...any preview?

 
At 1:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah sheldon, me also wanna be among the first Malaysian that see your work in GI JOE. must be great since there will also be movie on GIJOE later...

HAIL COBRA COMMANDER!!!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger azhar said...

sigh...

bet...master Don is very..very..very busy..

no latest artwrk fr us.

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just found your site and read you want to break into pro comics.

I had this dream too and it happened! So work on it and with dedication and hard work it really can happen. Sure a little bit of luck is needed too but usually with good storytelling the luck isn't far behind ;)

Good luck and best wishes!

Chris Noeth

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger azhar said...

errr..

no new artwork?

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Sheldon Goh said...

Sorry, man, no new work that I can show. Lemme check with my editor and see. If there's any finished work I can post here, I'll do it. Otherwise, it's gonna have to be doodles and warm-up sketches for a while.

Thanks for asking. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home