Saturday, January 20, 2007

Thundercats HOOOOooooo!!!


Finished this piece for the first round of the Grand Championship Drawoff at Penciljack.com, a colossal draw-off that will be running throughout the year.

January's theme was 80's cartoons. I went with what was one of my favorite cartoons from the 80's, Thundercats. I watched some episodes while I worked on this piece and the cartoon still holds up surprisingly well, despite being over 20 years old (eep!).

And yes, Snarf is still as annoying.

HB pencil on Bristol.

3 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger azhar said...

Thundercats hooo..

my fav cartoon series..

still remember..whenever the show finish..i will grab a pencil and start to draw em...

not to mention..GI Joe..transformers..mask...Gatchaman..silverhawk...sabre rider...smurf...gumby...ultraman..n Gaban...hahaha..luv those years..

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Norman said...

Thundercats, yeah, I loved that series back then too.

I still remember dad would tell me to do my chores after the show or he'd kick my ass. The latest effort to reboot TC popularity in comic book form had Cheetara in bondage. Mmmm....trade paperback, here I come.

 
At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great sketch! It's not often u see a thunder cats image thats not "cutsy-poo". You mentioned some great 80's toon's, but don't 4get Jayce & the wheeled warriors, pirates of dark water, gargoyles, conan, valient e.t.c...
Like to hear from u, my e-mail is
alanleys@yahoo.co.uk
Cheers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home